Tibetan Carpet with Tiger and Bamboo Design is hand-knotted in Kathmandu Nepal. This Tibetan rug is made in Nepal by master weavers.
Tiger in Tibetan Buddhists symbolizes unconditional confidence, disciplined awareness, and modesty. Resting in a gentle state of being that has a natural sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.
Bringing home carpets with the Tiger symbol symbolizes fulfillment and satisfaction in the family.
This carpet is traditionally hand-knotted by highly skilled Tibetan carpet weavers on traditional vertical looms. Woven with 100 knots per square inch, It can take a skilled carpet weaver on average of 2- 4 months to weave a rug depending upon its size.
The size of this carpet on foot is 6*3 and the weight is 5 kg.
All the carpets are made of organic materials and all the carpets are hand-made. The vegetable dyes used to make carpest are tea leaves, Barberry plant, rumex leaf, myrobalan nut, madder root, indigo rock, etc.
There are several steps involved in the Tibetan carpet-making process. Carpet weaving is a traditional occupation of Himalayan people who started many years ago.
Learn more about the Traditional Tibetan carpet making process in our blog post.
How to Take Care of your Carpet?
- Using a vacuum cleaner, it helps to suck out stuck soils and dirt and does not harm the fiber of the rug
- Use scissors to cut the ends of the loose threads of the rug.
- Do not use chemical, it will fade the colors of the rug.
- Avoid using rugs in a damp area.
- Do not expose too much directly to the sun.
- Do not dry clean.
- Always prefer to wash the carpet from a professional rug cleaning company.
If you want a custom size, color and design please contact us.