Carpet of Tibetan Tiger is a hand-knotted rug in Nepal by Tibetan refugees. Tibetan Tiger is symbolized as strong willpower, courage, and personal strength. This Tibetan tiger rug is made in Nepal by master weavers.
Tigerskin in Tantric Buddhism represents the transformation of anger into wisdom and insight.
The size of this carpet on foot is 6*3 ft and it has 4mm thickness with 6 kg weight.
All the carpets are made of organic materials and all the carpets are hand-made. The vegetable dyes used to make carpest are tea leaves, Barberry plant, rumex leaf, myrobalan nut, madder root, indigo rock, etc.
There are several steps involved in the Tibetan carpet-making process. Carpet weaving is a traditional occupation of Himalayan people who started many years ago.
Learn more about Traditional Tibetan carpet making process in our blog post.
How to Take Care of your Carpet?
- Using a vacuum cleaner, it helps to suck out stuck soils and dirt and does not harm the fiber of the rug
- Use scissors to cut the ends of the loose threads of the rug.
- Do not use chemical, it will fade the colors of the rug.
- Avoid using rugs in a damp area.
- Do not expose too much directly to the sun.
- Do not dry clean.
- Always prefer to wash the carpet from a professional rug cleaning company.